Regular Checking (Share Draft)
A CEFCU Checking (Share Draft) account is one you will want to use to manage your family's financial affairs on a daily basis. It offers the type of convenience and savings not found at other financial institutions.
Here is why Credit Union Checking is the BEST!
- Competitive Dividend Rate - Dividends paid from date of deposit to date of withdrawal.
- No minimum balance required to maintain account or to receive dividends.
- Unlimited check writing at no charge.
- Overdraft protection from your Regular Savings or other designated savings accounts.
- Payroll Deduction/Direct Deposit available.
- No per-check fee.
- Credit Union Checking can save you up to $100.00 in service charges per year.
- 24-hour account access! Banking convenience via ATM or M.A.G.I.C., our 24-hour Audio Response System.
- Monthly statements.
- Check back services are available. For only $10.00 a month you could opt to have your cancelled checks mailed to you along with your monthly statement
County Educators FCU offers an overdraft protection program we call "Courtesy Checking". With Courtesy Checking, the credit union will extend you the courtesy of paying your check - even if you do not currently have the funds in your checking account. This service is not a loan and you will not be charged interest on the amount used. We just ask that you clear up your negative balance within 30 days. That's all there is to it!
Courtesy Checking will save you money by not having to worry about incurring hefty merchant fees charged on returned checks.
County Educators FCU allows a courtesy of a $500.00 overdraft limit. There will be a $25.00 fee for each share draft/check/debit the credit union honors through this program. We will not return the item unless the amount of the item forces the account to exceed the $500.00 limit. In making the best effort to help you save money, we would always look to pay overdrafts by other pre-approved means first, such as transfers from your eligible savings accounts, before paying your overdraft with Courtesy Checking.
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
1) We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
2) We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a share/savings account or overdraft line-of-credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts from the following types of transactions:
- Share drafts/checks, and other transaction made using your checking account
- Automatic bill payments
- ACH transactions
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts from the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- One-time debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if the Credit Union pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $25.00 each time we pay an ATM or debit card transaction overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.